Monday, November 10, 2008

decide to decide

How much of the clutter in your home is the result of indecision? Not sure? Here’s an example.

A flier comes home in the mail announcing an upcoming event. You hold onto it because you may want to go…but you don’t really decide if you will go or not. So the indecision known as the flyer sits on your counter for a few days until it is buried by the next few rounds of indecision. Should I go on this field trip? Should I use this coupon? Should I donate to this cause? It’s a good organization…I probably should…but I don’t know. I’ll decide later.

And on and on it goes.

A key strategy to cutting through this clutter is deciding to decide. Certainly not every decision can be made the minute it lands in your mailbox or on your kitchen counter…but which ones can? I bet it’s a lot of them.

Decide to decide on everything that you can decide on NOW and you’ll dramatically reduce your clutter. Part of the reason our clutter feels stressful is that it represents lingering indecision. When you decide to decide, you free yourself from both clutter and the stress that goes along with it.

For more organizing ideas, visit my website: www.andreadekker.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home