Wednesday, January 7, 2009

dealing with junk mail

Below is a tip from an "anonymous" reader that I thought was a pretty cleaver way of dealing with her junk mail...and protecting herself from identity theft!

"When going through the incoming mail, I sort out all the letters or offers for credit cards and home loans that have information that could be used for identity theft. Instead of shredding these, I go for the ultimate protection. I twist all the papers into 'logs' to be used as fire starters for our chiminea and fireplace.

Shredded documents can be reconstructed by a determined identity thief, but ashes are another story!

Plus, the paper logs help to start wonderful fires, and we love to gather 'round for warmth and good old fashioned family time."

For more organizing ideas, visit my website: www.andreadekker.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home