Sunday, January 11, 2009

tip of the week (1/11/2009)






january 11 -- january 17, 2009
this weeks "tip of the week" was sent from Deb from West Hollywood, CA

Deb writes: "I travel a lot for business and had trouble keeping track of confirmations, reservations, directions, meeting agendas and receipts. Now, I take an 11x14 white envelope, write the dates of travel, the location and type of meeting in the upper right hand corner, and place anything having to do with the trip in the envelope.

The envelopes are placed in a divider on my desk in date order and I simply pick up the ones I need as I leave for a trip. During the trip, I place all my receipts and notes in the envelope so I can easily do an expense report when I return, review my notes and write reports and follow-ups.

Once everything is completed, I re-label the envelope to use when another trip arises. It works so well, I now use the same method for personal travel. Some of my trips are placed up to a year in advance, so this envelope trick makes it so much easier!
"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you have an organizing or time management tip that you would like to share? Click here and your tip could be the next one featured in our newsletter, our blog or on our website! For more organizing tips, check out www.andreadekker.com. It is full of great organizing tips for every area of your life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home