Thursday, March 5, 2009

computer clutter: part 4 of 4


Today is the last of 4 days I used to talk about an area of the office that may just be one of my favorite things to organize - your computer! We don’t have too look at computer clutter like we do physical clutter, so we often don't realize how much it affects us…but it does, believe me!

When you open your Inbox, you feel drained at the sight of all those emails, your computer runs slow because there's so many photos on there and when you enter the “My Documents” section, you can’t BELIEVE how much is there…and don’t know what most of it is!

Sound familiar? Here is the fourth place where you can de-clutter electronically.


4. Blogs:

How many blogs are you following in your Google Reader, Bloglines or other feed reader?

Do you know how long you take to read all of those blogs every day?

Take some time to go through and de-clutter those you tend to skim over, especially if you do this 3 or more times every week.


Get to know your comfort number. I always know when I start adding more and more blogs without deleting any, I start feeling more and more overwhelmed at the sight of all those unread items!

So, this is easy! Start today and delete 5 items from your Bloglines or Google Reader!

Now you should be on your way to an organized computer! How great does it feel?

Check out my website for more organizing tips: www.andreadekker.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home