Wednesday, May 20, 2009

user names and passwords

My experiences have shown me that almost every website I visit, whether to get information or to pay a bill, requires you to sign in and create a password. Some sites require different things--a number in the password or only a certain amount of letters. It is difficult to keep it all straight!

At the beginning of 2009, I bought a new insert for my daily planner (something that you should all have by now!) and it had pages in the back for addresses and phone numbers. I gave me an idea...and now, for every site that I sign in to and create sign in information, I place the information in my address book.

For example, I go to ABC site. I file this in the A section and place my user name and password information under the title. Also I am able to put other info as well. For instance, if it's a bill, I can add the phone number as well as any other information that might be helpful at a later time.

Since some of this information is very sensitive, you will want to be careful where you use this book...and don't simply leave it lying around...but at least you know that you will always have the user names and passwords you need when you need them.

Just one more reason to go out and buy a planner!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home