Monday, October 12, 2009

holiday shopping...and returns

Yes, it's that time of year again...time for you to begin thinking about shopping for the holidays!

I spoke at a women's retreat this past weekend (on the topic of "Less Stress for the Holidays") and mentioned that I usually like to have all my holiday shopping FINISHED by the end of October. Yes, I said finished, by the end of October!

I didn't think I would get such a reaction but I had so many women come up to me later that morning with disbelief of the above mentioned statement. They coudn't believe that it was possible to be finished shopping so early in the year.

I told them some of my secrets--which you can learn if you sign up for my "Less Stress for the Holidays" workshop, coming up in November--and gave them a few ideas to get a jump start on shopping for this holiday season.

One question I kept getting over and over again is what to do with all your receipts (because we all know that returns are a big part of holiday shopping!).

So, here is what I do... I have a small folder that I keep in my purse at all times. When I purchase something, I use a pencil to write who the gift is for, and then stick the receipt in the folder. Then, if I decide it has to be returned, I just put the item in my car and I know the receipts will all be in one place right in my purse!

It's a very simple and very handy solution to dealing with the clutter and chaos of wads of paper receipts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home