Sunday, November 29, 2009

tip of the week (11/29/2009)





November 29 – December 5, 2009 this week’s "tip of the week" was sent from Lexi from Detroit, MI


Lexi writes: “I had two whole drawers in my filing cabinet related to notes and handouts I received in college. Because I went into a field directly related to my majors, I felt it would be wise to keep all of this information.

Then one day I realized that many of these papers would never be used. If I had a question about Latin verb conjugations, I would never go to a filing cabinet full of hand-written notes, even if I knew right where to find the paper. I would instead go to the reference book on the other side of the room, because the explanation would be far more thorough and easy to find.

I began measuring all the papers I think of saving by this same standard. 'If I had a question about this, where would be the easiest place to look for information?' If the answer to that question is 'in a textbook,' 'on the Internet,' or something that is not 'on this piece of paper,', that paper immediately gets recycled!”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Do you have an organizing or time management tip that you would like to share? Click here and your tip could be the next one featured in our newsletter, our blog or on our website! For more organizing tips, check out www.andreadekker.com. It is full of great organizing tips for every area of your life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home