Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holiday Poem

I found this really cute poem that I thought fit perfectly for today!! I'm sorry to say that I did not come up with it, nor do I know the source...but I think it is worth putting on my blog!

Merry Christmas!

‘Twas the night after Christmas, when all through the house
Not a thing was away, not a toy, box, or blouse.
The stockings were thrown on the floor without care,
And knickknacks and gadgets were strewn everywhere.


The gift wrap was scattered. The boxes were strewn.
I gasped as I looked all around the trashed room.
What was I thinking, when I bought all this stuff?
Why didn’t I realize ten gifts were enough?

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of organization danced in my head.
“But where should I start?” I wondered inside,
“How can I begin, when I’d rather go hide?”


You’re asking yourself “Where will all this stuff go?”
It feels overwhelming, this I well know.
You’ll get it put away, just remember to breathe,
And if you work with me, you’ll be done New Year’s Eve!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home