Sunday, December 20, 2009

tip of the week (12/20/2009)





December 20 – December 26, 2009 this week’s "tip of the week" was sent from Mary Lou from Big Rapids, MI


Mary Lou writes: “One Christmas I realized, almost last minute, that I didn't have enough placemats for the 17 guests who would join us for Christmas dinner.

I went to a dollar store and bought decorative wall calendars; the ones that are about 12 inches square when closed. I wrapped them in foil-type gift-wrap, put ribbons on them (put the ribbon on so it crossed in the upper left part of the package), and attached gift tags where the ribbon crossed for place cards. These were my placemats.

The table looked far more festive than I hoped, and we started a new Christmas tradition when I invited guests to unwrap their 'placemats.'

Everyone loved the idea and now my kids have a little fun when they just casually start 'tearing up' their placemat after dinner while unsuspecting new visitors look on. Everyone is delighted to find they may do the same. This also provides the small Christmas gift I like to make sure every visitor receives when they join us for dinner.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Do you have an organizing or time management tip that you would like to share? Click here and your tip could be the next one featured in our newsletter, our blog or on our website! For more organizing tips, check out www.andreadekker.com. It is full of great organizing tips for every area of your life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home