Monday, January 11, 2010

clean, tidy, organized car

We all know that between kids, shopping, work and gym, it is often a challenge to keep the car nice and clean. It doesn't have to be an impossible task if you put some or all of these ideas into practice.

Here are a few things I do to keep my car clean, tidy, and organized.

Clean:

  1. I don't allow anybody to smoke in my car.
  2. I try not to eat in my car…or at least not any messy foods.
  3. I have some wet wipes and napkins in my cubby-hole to wipe up any spills or to clean my dash/steering wheel.
  4. I keep fabric softener sheets under my car seat. The smell permeates the whole car and makes it smell lovely.


Tidy:

  1. I keep some plastic bags in my cubby-hole so that I can throw away food, bits of paper, etc. This bag leaves my car every weekend or once it's full, whichever comes first.
  2. I also have a plastic bag for my umbrella. There is nothing worse than wet-car smell from horrible, wet umbrellas.
  3. In the trunk of my car, a box with a few blankets and my fabric shopping bags. The box can also be used to contain items that I don’t want rolling around in the trunk.


Organized:

  1. I have a notebook and pen in the car to write down any ideas or thoughts I have while driving, running errands or waiting in traffic…mostly do I don't forget things.
  2. I also like keeping a magazine in the car. When I'm kept waiting somewhere, I can use the time constructively to catch up on my reading.
  3. If you have children, you might want to keep a bag or bin of activities, books, etc. in the back seat to keep them occupied.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home