Wednesday, January 13, 2010

draw a line in the sand

Over the past few months, there have been a couple of times when something in me snapped, and I just knew it was time to draw that proverbial line in the sand. It was a turning point where I simply said, “From here on in I want something different.”


One of these critical moments happened when I was putting my Christmas decorations away. Previously, I stored the decorations in our basement under our stairs. I was never happy with this storage place and always seemed to get frustrated any time I had to mess with the “junk under the stairs”. So this year, as I was pushing and shoving, trying to fit my 3 tubs of decorations in their designated spots, I decided right then and there that I was done storing things under the stairs. I went to Lowe’s and purchased some sturdy shelving units and clear tubs and now have a nicely organized (and easy to access) storage area…doesn't it look great!! Best of all, I no longer store anything under the stairs!

Another critical moment happened when I dropped off a bunch of plastic bags to be recycled. Sure…I was recycling them, but I wasn’t satisfied with the time, space, and energy that my use of plastic bags was causing for me and for the planet at large. So, I decided I was done using plastic bags and made the $1.00 investment for reusable shopping bags.


While I am extremely happy with the results, I know that my basement will require continual maintenance to stay organized, and I need to remind myself to bring my reusable bags into the store each time, but I have taken the first step to change my habits…I drew my line in the sand!.

Now, in case you are confused, this tip isn’t designed to advocate the use of recycled bags or to tell you to clean your basement this week. Instead, this tip is designed to help you live an organized and clutter-free life. So, my question for you is this:
Is it time to draw a line in the sand about clutter? Are you ready to decide that, from this point forward, you no longer want clutter in your life?

Remember, the day you declare your intention and the day you realize it are two different days. But you can’t realize a clutter-free and organized life until you declare that this is what you want. So, are you ready to draw your line in the sand?


If you are ready to live a clutter-free life, sign up for my Quick & Simple Clutter Control Class!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home