Monday, March 15, 2010

learn to be more organized

Do you ever feel as if you should already know how to get organized? That somehow organizing is a gene and you missed out on it? If so, you’re in good company. Often when people call to inquire about my organizing services or online workshops, they feel funny reaching out for help because, well, Shouldn’t I already know how to do this?

As someone who has read countless books and articles on organizing, attended numerous organizing and time management seminars, spent hours upon hours in client’s homes implementing various organizing solutions, I know for certain that much of what I know about organizing I have learned. Yes, I have always been interested in organizing—even as a child. But one thing I know for sure is that because of the knowledge I’ve gained through years of learning and taking action, organizing is much more natural and efficient for me now than even just a few years ago. Today organizing seems more instinctive for me than ever before, but it’s because of things I have learned and done through the years, not because of something I was born knowing how to do.


So what does that mean for you? Well, simply that you CAN learn to be more organized. Unfortunately, you know as well as I do, that it is often very difficult to “teach an old dog new tricks” so it won’t be easy. But, if you are serious about getting more organized and learning to better manage your time, it can be done! Take a class on getting organized, check out a few books from the library, read on-line articles, etc.etc.


Whatever approach you choose, recognize that your end goal isn’t learning how to be organized; but actually being more organized. Give yourself permission to take action and try different techniques and ideas. Even if some of them don’t work perfectly on day one, the process of taking action and trying an approach will be your greatest teacher of all. Continue learning and taking action until organizing becomes a habit.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home