Wednesday, April 28, 2010

before and after...my chair project

It rained all weekend and I couldn't do any yard work...it was horrible! So instead, I decided to work on a project that had been on my to-do list for a couple of weeks now (yes I procrastinate too!)

I got this chair for FREE; however it needed lots of work. It's actually a Lazy Boy recliner; it works great and the structure is solid.

I cleaned it up as good as I could, and then reupholstered it with a heavy white canvas fabric that actually used to be a couch slip cover. It was the only fabric I had on hand that was enough to cover this chair. I disassembled the couch slip cover and re-used it for the chair.

Here I am about half way finished.

The whole project took me about 3 hours to complete and I only stapled my finger once! The best part was...it only cost me $5.00 for this new-to-us chair that looks great in our living room!

Ahhh...I love a good deal!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

That is wonderful how you redid that chair,it looks great and that is fabulous it only cost you $5 to do!

May 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger Andrea Dekker said...

Yes, I was so proud of myself. It's not as good as a professional could do...but it's a lot cheaper!

May 5, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home