Monday, April 26, 2010

do you feel overwhelmed?

This week I thought I'd share a personal experience so that you can learn from my mistakes. I've been thinking about doing things a little differently in my business and with my website. So I decided to consult with other business owners and website designers to gather some opinions.


Well, as you'd expect, this one said this, another said that, still another said a different thing…multiplied by about 10! There were some great ideas in there but I realized that I'd come to a screeching standstill due to overwhelm and I was indecisive.


But this got me thinking - how many times do we feel overwhelmed because other people feel that we should do things but yet it doesn't feel right for us? Things like volunteering for committees, at the children's school, church, etc.


If you feel this way, here are a few things to think about this week:

- Think about areas of your life where you feel overwhelmed.

- Is it the state of your desk, your wardrobe, your children's rooms, or your business?

- Check in and examine why you feel so overwhelmed.

- Is it that you don't know what to do or where to start?

- Take one small action and see how that sits with you.

- Keep building on that action, step by step, until you build momentum and can see your way out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home