Thursday, May 6, 2010

Monster Cookies

I love cookies...especially if there is any amount of chocolate in the cookie. So when I came across this recipe from ladies at church, and saw that it had 2 pounds of chocolate in it, I knew I would love these cookies.

I have made Monster Cookies in the past, but this is my favorite recipe (so far) and this is the recipe I will continue to use until someone can convince me of a better one.


This recipe is for a full batch of Monster Cookies which makes about 24 DOZEN cookies!


I ALWAYS make a half batch...mainly because I shouldn't even think about making 288 cookies for just me and my husband, but also because I rarely have 18 cups of oats sitting around, and that amount of dough won't even fit in my Kitchen Aid mixer!

You may thanks me later because I wrote out the recipe so you can easily "halve it" or even "quarter it" depending on what ingredients you have and the amount of time you have. However, if you feel so ambitious...go ahead and make a full batch! I dare ya!


I bake all the cookies at once and then freeze them...but you could also just freeze the dough and make the cookie fresh each time.

INGREDIENTS:

12 eggs

4 c. brown sugar

4 c. white sugar

4 sticks of butter (1 lb…you can substitute half for margarine if you want)

2 T. vanilla extract

2 T. corn syrup (white)

8 t. baking soda

3 c. peanut butter (2 16 oz. containers)

18 c. quick oaks (don’t use old fashion oats)

16 oz. semisweet chocolate chips

16 oz. M&M’s

2 c. nuts (optional…and I don’t add them)


DIRECTIONS:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a VERY large bowl, cream the butter & sugars until well blended.
  • Add eggs and mix well.
  • Mix in the vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda, and peanut butter and stir until well blended.
  • Add in the oatmeal (one or two cups at a time). Finally, stir in the chocolate chips, M&M’s, and nuts by hand.

*I have a Kitchen Aid mixer and when I make a half batch, it is full to the brim!*

  • Cover your cookie sheets with parchment paper (the parchment paper is essential to thick, chewy cookies)
  • Place large scoops of dough on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
  • Bake for 12-14 minutes or until set and edges are slightly brown.


Now, it's time to get out your cooling racks...and you'll need all of them!

I usually let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes and then gently move them to cooling racks. Make sure they are completely cooled before you store and/or freeze them.

Then, you can eat all the broken ones, all the crumbs, and (if you still haven't had enough) just go ahead and eat several whole cookies...yes they are really that good!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Melissa said...

Andrea - Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I've copied it onto a recipe card and I'm sure will have occassion to try them soon!

May 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home