Tuesday, May 25, 2010

my latest deal

I’ve been getting loads of e-mails with questions on how I keep my grocery budget so low each week. And this week was no exception…I managed to purchase over $98.00 worth of meat, dairy, fruits, veggies, bread, snacks, etc. for only $2.56!! That has to be some type of record!

And before you even ask… No, I don’t use Savings Angel; No I don’t buy multiple Sunday papers; No we don’t eat Ramen Noodles...ever!

So how do I do it?

  1. I spend about 2 hours every Sunday afternoon cutting and organizing my coupons, looking through store ads, and creating my grocery list for the week.
  2. I ONLY buy what is on sale…period! When things go on sale, I stock up, when they are not on sale, we eat something else.
  3. I pair store coupons (Meijer, Target, Spartan Stores) with Manufacture coupons (Kraft, SaraLee, Aunt Millies). You usually can’t use more than one coupon per item, but you CAN do this when one is a store coupon and one is a manufacture coupon.
  4. I use lots of rebates. These are often right in the Sunday paper ads…but sometimes they can be a bit trickier to find. Using rebates is a little work, but these are what can really save you money. Often I find that I can actually get paid for buying an item I was planning to buy anyway.

This might all seem a little overwhelming, but keep in mind I’ve been doing this for a long time…and it definitely get’s easier after time!

So how did I do it this week?

A few weeks ago, I participated in a Kraft Foods' promotion via an online survey from Kraft. Following the survey, I got to pick a handful of products that I would then get free coupons for.

Last week, my coupons arrived in the mail…accompanied by a $10.00 rebate when you spend $30.00 on Kraft Products.

This week, Meijer had a TON of Kraft products on sale and additional Mejier coupons for these Kraft products at MeijerMealBox.com

So, using the Meijer sales, my manufacture & store coupons, and the Kraft rebate I was able to purchase everything you see in this picture for only $2.56!!

Oh...and you can click here for Free Kraft Products at Target!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home