Friday, July 2, 2010

triple chocolate bundt cake

I woke up this morning around 6:30am and made 2 triple-chocolate bundt cakes...that's normal, right? It was such an easy recipe that I thought I should share it. And I know it's delicious because I ate some at 7:30am...again, normal right?


There are just a few simple ingredients, and best of all, it starts with a cake mix!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg. devils food cake (18.5 oz.)
  • 1 pkg. chocolate pudding (4 serving size)
  • 1 1/3 c. water
  • 1/2 c. vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips.
First, I whisk the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredient (and chocolate chips) and whisk for 30 seconds in a large bowl.

Simply pour the triple-chocolaty goodness into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

Remove and cool on a wire rack...and taste test!


At this point, it is perfectly wonderful to eat "as is"; however, if you want to do a little something extra, you can add a glaze over the top.

Vanilla Glaze Ingredients:
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • 1 T. milk
Mix all ingredients together, adding a little more milk if necessary.
Spread/pour glaze over bundt cakes.

--Or for even more chocolate...you can use a chocolate glaze.--

Chocolate Glaze Ingredients:
  • 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 T. butter
  • 1 t. corn syrup
  • 1/4. vanilla extract
Mix the first 3 ingredients in a microwave save glass bowl (or a double boiler) and heat for 30 seconds on medium power.

Stir and continue heating in short increments until the chocolate is melted.
Stir in the vanilla...and spread over the cake.

NOTE: (you definitely want to have something under the cake to catch the dripping chocolate)


I used the vanilla glaze and put chopped nuts on one, and chopped chocolate on the other. I'm bringing the chopped chocolate one to a dinner tonight. I hope it goes over well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel and Lora said...

As soon as I saw this post I thought "Oh! Please let her be bringing this to dinner tonight!" The last line of your post made me very happy!!! Can't wait to see you and try this deliciousness!

July 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home